Welcome to my Projects page.
Here is a list of all the projects, collaborations and bands I've been part of so far:
- "Enderra", duo with Onno Govaert (since 2007). CD released: Enderra
"Korps" (2009) with Onno Govaert, Santiago Botero, Claudia Hansen, David Hoogerheide, Harry Cherrin.
CD released: The Ship Comes
- Trio with Sidsel Endresen & Jim Black (2011). CD released: Bell Time
- Duo with Aart Strootman (2014). CD released: Monasteria (Challenge Records)
- "Henosis" (2012) with Netherlands Chamber Choir, David Hoogerheide, Onno Govaert. CD released: Henosis
- "Cantata" (2014-2016) trio with classical tenor singer Sebastian Brouwer, David Hoogerheide. CD released: Cantata
- The Big Barrel Organ (2018) triggering the world's largest portable organ with guitar. CD released: Big Barrel Organ
- Logos Robot Orchestra (2018) working with Logos Robot Instruments. Performance in Sweden & Netherlands
- Orbit (2020) Surround-Guitar project
AS A SIDEMAN:
- OGU with Jeroen van Vliet & Etienne Nilessen. CD released: OGU
- "Under the Surface" with Joost Lijbaart & Sanne Rambags. CD released: Under the Surface & Trinity
- Grzech Piotrowski Quartet & World Orchestra. CD released: World Orchestra & Archipelago (2009)
- Terje Isungset Ice-music (2011) Ice-guitar concert in Norway & North Sea Jazz Festival & Eindoven
- Eric van der Westen Quintet (2013) Cd released: The Devine Cockeyed Glimpse
Bram Stadhouders - Sidsel Endresen - Jim Black
The trio played 2 concerts at the Incubate Festival 2010. This was a concert without any rehearsal, just going straight up on stage. These 2 concerts were recorded and edited onto 1 CD which is mixed by Chris Weeda. The album is called Bell Time and is for sale in the Shop page. A year later they played 2 more concerts in the Bimhuis in Amsterdam and on the November Music Festival.
Norwegian avantgarde pioneer Sidsel Endresen has deﬁned and re-deﬁned vocal sound since her break-through in the early 1980s. Sidsel Endresen has worked with a vast number of musicians - in Norway and abroad, written music for ﬁlms, theatrical productions as well as other commissioned work. She continues to be of huge inspiration to young vocalists (and improvisers in general!) around the globe. Her work has spanned genres from "fusion" and "jazz-rock in the -80's ,to free-improvisation,electronics and "new music" in the -90's and the new millennium.
Jim Black is at the forefront of a new generation of musicians bringing jazz into the 21st century. In addition to being one of the most influential drummers of our time, he is also the leader of one of the world's most forward-thinking bands, AlasNoAxis, featuring his longtime collaborators Chris Speed, Hilmar Jensson and Skúli Sverrisson. Based on the foundation of his virtuosic but highly personal approach to jazz drumming, Black's aesthetic has expanded to include Balkan rhythms, rock songcraft and laptop soundscapes. Though he is revered worldwide for his limitless technique and futuristic concepts, what many listeners treasure in most Jim Black's work is the relentless feeling of joy and invention he brings to his performances. Jim Black's smiling, kinetic, unpredictable presence has enthralled and inspired audiences worldwide for over twenty years.
Strootman / Stadhouders is the new collaboration between one of Europe's most emerging improvisers Bram Stadhouders and pioneering new-music guitarist Aart Strootman.
When both musicians were teenagers, they saw each others stylistic opposite performances with humble curiousity. While Stadhouders was developing as a jazz guitarist, Strootman was exploring the most contemporary notes for the classical guitar. 10 years later the duo realized that a book should never be judged by its cover and so the duo agreed to leave the comfort zone of their genres. Endless hours of improvisation, co-composing, sharing music and thoughts shaped the cooperation into an incomparable duo.
The music hoovers somewhere between improvisation, minimal music and composed classical guitar repertoire (while non of the notes are scored). On the spot every sound is created, interaction is the key.
On a sunny summer day in the south of Holland, Strootman / Stadhouders gathered in a beautiful abandoned monastery to record their first cd ‚monasteria'. Surrounded by birds, silence and the memory of the religious place, the notorious acoustics suited the sounds seemlessly. A stunning recording is the result: music played on two classical guitars by two of the most interesting guitar talents of the Netherlands in a divine sounding chapel - silence is golden.